Jardins de Verrières
The Villacoublay shopping center, located on the border of Grand Paris and near the Velizy-Villacoublay airport, benefits from an exceptional location between the city and the forest. On the one hand, it allows to open itself towards the metropolis and, on the other hand, to the forest of Verrieres.
Located on the municipalities of Velizy-Villacoublay, Bièvres and Clamard, this site must meet multiple challenges to undertake a new stage of development, both economic and ecological. The project seeks to develop the uses while meeting the expectations of investors who are looking to increase sales and parking areas and invent new uses.
Our project meets scrupulously the requests of the technical program and the economic and regulatory constraints.
It seeks to increase the qualities of the site while being part of the landscape, while controlling the constraints imposed by airport easements and existing networks.
Our proposal will therefore seek a sober and balanced expression, paying great attention to the inscription in the landscape. Architectural writing is simple and contemporary. It tends to make the mall disappear by amplifying its link with the great landscape and installing family gardens on the roof.
The paths should be easy to understand so that users can easily access the shops that finance the operation.
A complex and hybrid program:
Definition of the stakes
– to think jointly housing, activity, displacements and culture
– take advantage of changes in the way of life and use of the city
– introduce mixed and shared functions when they are absent
– anticipate and accompany demographic and generational changes
– to address concretely the energy and climate challenge.
– innovate in architectural forms
Densify areas of activity:
– add accommodation
– add services
– provide public transport services
Building car parks in shopping centers:
– to create housing on the car parks (Hotel & Apartment – short rental)
– use this process to re-qualify and hybridize shopping centers
– elevate the shopping center